- This competition is being run by Rental Car Holdings Pty Ltd (The Promotor) (ABN 33 129 240 268).
- To contact East Coast Car Rentals, please call 07 5555 8900
Who Can Enter?
- To be eligible to win one (1) prize valued at $500 in cash AUD (competition) you must:
- Reside in Australia
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain parental or guardian consent to participate. A valid phone number for the parent or guardian must be provided on request
- The primary renter of the vehicle, its occupants and any person/s travelling with the party, or any person nominated by the primary renter of the vehicle is eligible to enter. The person must obtain the permission of the primary renter of the vehicle before entering the competition
- Employees of East Coast Car Rentals and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Employees of agencies partnering with East Coast Car Rentals and their immediate families are also ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, auntie, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin
- To be eligible, entrants must have rented a hire car from East Coast Car Rentals in the last three months from the date of the competition entry and after the original start date of the competition (1st of April 2021). Entrants must provide a valid East Coast Car Rentals Rental Agreement Number [RAN]. The RAN consists of eight (8) letters and numbers and can be found at the top right-hand corner of the Rental Agreement PDF emailed to the customer upon collection of the vehicle
How to enter?
- The competition commences on Thursday on the 1st of April 2021 at 12:00AM. A $500 cash prize is awarded from entries received during each calendar month. The competition operates on a monthly basis and will continue indefinitely until such a time East Coast Car Rentals decides to end the competition (Competition Period). East Coast Car Rentals reserves the right to end the competition at any time.
- Each subsequent monthly Competition Period will commence at 12:00AM on the 1st day of the month and end at 12:00AM on the last day of the month.
- To enter the competition, you must submit an online entry by providing your full name, email address, date of birth, telephone number, state, post code, and accept these Terms and Conditions where required on the competition landing page during the monthly Competition Period.
- To be successful, the entrant must complete a set of tasks on the competition landing page. The competition utilises the Gleam marketing platform to capture a user’s entry and details. This interface sets a number of tasks which are set as mandatory or optional. Each task is valued as ten (10) or twenty (20) entries. Mandatory tasks must be completed in order to be successful. The number of optional tasks completed will also be taken into consideration when deciding the winner. These tasks include:
- Upload Your Photo
Upload a high-quality JPEG or PNG road trip photo from a device or directly from Facebook or Instagram. We recommend a file size larger that 1MB and no greater than 25MB (mandatory) – 10 entries
- Rental Agreement Number [RAN]
Provide a valid RAN. Entrants must have rented a vehicle from East Coast Car Rentals within the last three months from the date of their entry and after the official competition start date (mandatory) – 10 entries
- Tell Us About Your Epic Road Trip
A short written description about the entrant’s road trip, destination and photograph (up to 100 words) (mandatory) – 10 entries
- Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Select Yes or No to subscribe to the East Coast Car Rentals newsletter (optional) – 10 entries
- Visit East Coast Car Rentals on Facebook
Visit and like the East Coast Car Rentals Facebook page (optional) – 10 entries
- Visit east.coast.car.rentals on Instagram
Visit and follow the East Coast Car Rentals Instagram page (optional) – 10 entries
- Upload Your Photo
- The competition will be advertised on the East Coast Car Rental website, East Coast Car Rentals Facebook and Instagram pages, East Coast Car Rentals newsletter (eDM) and East Coast Car Rentals Google My Business listings. Published content will include a link or instructions to the competition landing page.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- A limit of one entry per person per rental a month applies.
Selection of Winners
- Three (3) finalists will be chosen by the Company Director, Rohan Marx, each month based on the artistic and creative skill of the photographer and subsequent photo, and the originality and relevance of the entry to the Promoter’s tagline (There Starts Here).
- The photographs of all three (3) entrants will be given equal weighting with the ultimate winner decided upon based on the number of tasks completed and entries collated through the Gleam marketing platform on the competition landing page https://gleam.io/y1NsG/there-starts-here-photo-competition.
- One (1) winner will be selected on the final day of each month at East Coast Car Rentals head office.
- The winner will be notified by email and posted on the East Coast Car Rentals website, East Coast Car Rentals Facebook and Instagram pages and the East Coast Car Rentals newsletter (eDM).
- The winner is selected at the discretion of East Coast Car Rentals.
- The results of the draw will be final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
Unclaimed Prize Draw
- East Coast Car Rentals reserves the right to forfeit the prize if for that month no entries were received or a limited number of entries were received and the photographs supplied were of poor quality or unusable.
- If the winner does not respond within 90 days months of being notified by East Coast Car Rentals that they have won the competition, the winner is not readily identified and reasonable efforts have been made by East Coast Car Rentals to identify that winner were unsuccessful, they will automatically forfeit their prize.
- The results of any unclaimed prize draw will be final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the results of the draw.
Promotion & Marketing
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as East Coast Car Rentals may require without remuneration, including the publishing of photographic entries and written description of their road trip to the Promoter’s website, email newsletter, social media channels and Google My Business listings to promote East Coast Car Rentals at any time in the future.
- The winner also gives consent for the use and publication of their name and any other details provided by the winners in any marketing material without any further reference or payment to the winner, including the publishing of photographic entries and written description of their road trip to the Promoter’s website, email newsletter, social media channels and Google My Business listings to promote East Coast Car Rentals at any time in the future.
- This is a non-acquisitive photography competition governed by these Terms and Conditions.
- This competition is open to professional photographers, amateurs and enthusiasts.
- The recommended format for photographic entries is a High-Quality JPEG or PNG file between 1MB and 25MB.
- Images must not plagiarise the work of any other person.
- Entrants acknowledge that we may make minor edits to the photograph in our sole discretion;
- Each entry must be comprised of an original photograph produced entirely by the entrant. It must not contain any trademarks or copyright material owned in whole or in part by a third party.
- Each entry must not violate the privacy of any person or persons. Entrants must obtain prior consent from all persons in the photograph prior to its capture.
- All details provided by the entrant must be true and accurate.
- All copyright in the photograph entries remains with the photographer / entrant.
- The Promoter asserts no claims to the rights of any image entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition, entrants grant the Promoter use of images through any platforms used by the Promoter, including but not limited to the Promoter’s website, email newsletter, social media channels and Google My Business listings to promote East Coast Car Rentals at any time in the future.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to protect their work from infringement by third parties by entering, at a minimum, metadata into the image. The Promoter will not be liable for any third-party misuse of images.
- Each entrant acknowledges that the Promoter is under no obligation to use their entry.
- A total of one (1) prize winner each month will receive $500 AUD cash:
- The sum of $500 AUD will be direct transferred to the nominated bank account of the winner. The Promoter takes no responsibility for the incorrect supply of banking details by the winner.
- The prize must be claimed by the winner within 90 days or the prize will be forfeited.
- The prize is awarded to the entrant and not the primary renter of the vehicle.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- East Coast Car Rentals will take reasonable steps to distribute the prize to the winner within 28 days of the draw.
- East Coast Car Rentals reserves the right, at any time, to modify or cancel the promotion and the exclusion of products on offer, as appropriate. In case of dispute, East Coast Car Rental’s decision shall be final.
- Please read these competition terms and conditions carefully. If you enter the competition, we will assume that you have read these terms and conditions and that you agree to them.
- East Coast Car Rentals reserves the right to amend the competition and its terms and conditions at any time and for any reason, subject to regulatory approval (if required) and will notify entrants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably practicable on the competition landing page at [website landing page]. It is the entrant’s responsibility to regularly check the competition landing page for any amendments. Any amendments will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of East Coast Car Rentals.
- If the competition is not capable of running as planned to include by reason of technical failure, fraud or any cause beyond East Coast Car Rental’s control, the Promoter may cancel or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries, to the extent permitted by law.
- East Coast Car Rentals does not accept responsibility for technical or telecommunications problems (such as security breaches, technical website malfunctions or glitches).
- East Coast Car Rentals does not accept responsibility for any entries that are delayed, or which are not received for any reason during the Competition Period.
- By participating in this competition, entrants release and hold harmless Facebook, Instagram and Google from any and all liability associated with this competition, to the extent permitted by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law).
- East Coast Car Rentals and entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Google.
- Entrants acknowledge that they are providing information to East Coast Car Rentals and not to Facebook, Instagram or Google.
- East Coast Car Rentals is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings, including fringe benefits tax. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The laws of Queensland apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Queensland.