10% discount off – exclusive to East Coast Car Rentals customers
If you are anything like this writer, then you like to explore and enjoy life’s experiences in a laid back manner, avoiding the rush of crowds and the congestion of the more trodden paths. Now as hard as it is to ever get wound up in a place like Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef, to ensure the least amount of distraction to my selfish indulgences in paradise, I like to find a quiet alternative in everything I want to do. With a maximum of just 23 guests, a trip to the Low Isles onboard the locally owned and operated Shaolin is certainly one of my favourite ways to take in the Great Barrier Reef.
Shaolin is an Authentic Chinese Junk, built in Hong Kong in 1968 and sails daily to the sheltered lagoon of Low Island for lunch and an afternoon of exploring. The day includes;
- Locally grown Daintree Tea and freshly brewed Jaques Coffee on arrival
- Superb buffet lunch, fresh tropical fruits (Dietary requirements catered for)
- Afternoon tea with freshly brewed coffee, home-made cakes and tropical fruit platters
- Relaxed sailing cruise to Low Isles and sunset sail back to Port Douglas
- All snorkelling equipment and lycra suits
- Guided snorkel tour with Marine Naturist
- Special personal instruction for beginners
- Glass bottom boat, coral viewing and reef interpretation
- Low Isles heritage walk
Of course in keeping with my holiday attitude towards relaxing and given my penchant for sleeping in, the icing on the cake is that this tour does not depart til 11.30am, with a return to the marina at sunset, the perfect time for an icy cold beer.
Please note: Cost is AUD$144.00 (normally AUD$160.00) for adults and AUD$90.00 (normally AUD$100.00) for children. A $5.00 per person EMC (Environmental Management Charge) is a fee payable to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, a Government body, which is collected on their behalf upon boarding the vessel and is not included in the prices above.